Freightliner Trucks now offers factory-installed liquefied natural gas (LNG) fuel tanks for the Cascadia 113.
Freightliner Trucks now offers factory-installed liquefied natural gas (LNG) fuel tanks for the Cascadia 113, joining the LNG and CNG offerings in the 114SD and the M2 112, which have been available as a factory-installed option since 2009.
A selection of Freightliner’s alternative fuel products will be featured at booth #1405 at the 2014 Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo in Long Beach, Calif.
Constructed of stainless steel, the factory-installed LNG tanks featured on the Cascadia 113 are available in a variety of configurations, with capacity up to 300 LNG gallons – 142 diesel gallon equivalent (DGE) – giving trucks an approximate range of 600 miles. Freightliner Trucks also offers factory-installed compressed natural gas (CNG) tank packages on the Cascadia 113, with capacities of up to 190 DGE.
“Our new factory-installed LNG tank offerings give customers more choices in our already comprehensive selection of natural gas options,” said Mary Aufdemberg, director of product marketing for Freightliner Trucks. “Overall, our complete portfolio of alternative fuel solutions continues to meet the mark by delivering on productivity and performance.”
An assortment of DTNA’s green technologies will be on display at ACT Expo in booth #1405:
• Freightliner Cascadia 113-inch BBC CNG tractor with a 48-inch sleeper, equipped with the Cummins Westport ISX12 G heavy-duty natural gas engine and factory-installed 140 diesel gallon equivalent (DGE) tanks.
• Freightliner Cascadia 113-inch day cab with a Cummins Westport ISX12 G engine and 155 DGE CNG tanks.
• Freightliner 114SD CNG roll-off concept truck equipped with the Cummins Westport ISX12 G.
• Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation (FCCC) S2G liquid propane fueled chassis with a stake body and crane.
In addition, the booth will highlight some of parent company Daimler AG’s alternative fuel products:
• Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-CELL car
• Smart Electric Drive car provided by car2go
Freightliner Trucks will feature a Cascadia 113 Natural Gas day cab with the Cummins Westport ISX12 G heavy-duty natural gas engine at the ACT Expo 2014 Ride & Drive event (May 7, 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.). With ratings to 400 hp and 1450 lb ft torque, the ISX12 G is ideally suited for vocational, and local, regional, and linehaul applications.
The Freightliner Ride & Drive truck will also be equipped with the Allison 4000HS transmission and a 140 diesel gallon equivalent (DGE) CNG fuel tank from Agility Fuel Systems. Allison transmissions are the ideal option for alternative fuel vehicles because of their torque converter technology that results in improved startability and full power shifts. Freightliner Trucks, Allison and Agility have partnered to offer special incentives on the best natural gas tractor, transmission, and fuel system package available on the market.