Globe Trailers is looking for a Trailer engineer. 3+ years of experience in Trailer design, with excellent engineering, computer and communications skills. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a heavy haul trailer manufacturer located in Florida. We are looking for an engineer who we be responsible for designing new product lines, and improving existing products. The position performs design work, identifies design problems and resolves problems. The position requires individual contribution and teamwork with the major focus of the job being customer satisfaction. This requires the ability to communicate technical information in a concise and accurate manner. This position requires excellent analytical skills and a mastery of engineering concepts and how they relate to trailers.
Major challenges facing incumbent are meeting goals for cost, reliability and performance, and managing multiple priorities. This position must keep up-to-date on changing customer needs as the project progresses, and to stay current with new technology. Incumbent is expected to bear significant responsibility for competition of a project with a major focus on timely delivery. Contributions to cost and reduction and reliability improvements projects would be expected.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships and predict performance
- Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Contribute to the design of new products and processes
- Perform product and process maintenance
- Provide guidance to other engineers to ensure product quality and delivery dates are met
- Facility in Catia or other 3D modeling
- Full understanding of the loads and stresses and materials used in a heavy equipment trailer
- At minimum a basic understanding of hydraulics and their components
- 3+ years of trailer design
- Excellent analytical, communication, and computer skills
- Self-starter who is motivated to design new or improve existing trailer designs and systems
- Experience with structural analysis, and ability to use FEA
- Lowboy, sliding axle, and dump trailer design
- Ability to create finished drawings and check
Where will you take your career? Where do you want to go? You can continue to learn, grow and contribute within one company, Globe Trailers.