Mobility Ventures LLC has launched production of its 2014 MV-1 universally accessible vehicle.
Mobility Ventures LLC, designer and manufacturer of the first American vehicle purpose-built and designed from the ground up in support of wheelchair users to meet or exceed the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), has launched production of its 2014 MV-1 universally accessible vehicle.
Vehicles are now rolling off the assembly line and being processed for immediate shipment to its nationwide MV-1 dealer network.
Headquartered in South Bend, Ind., Mobility Ventures LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of AM General.
The 2014 production launch was commemorated with a ceremony at AM General's world-class, 675,000 square-foot Commercial Assembly Plant in Mishawaka, Ind., where the vehicle is built.
Since its creation a little more than six months ago, Mobility Ventures has:
- Assembled a veteran team of executives to oversee its operations
- Formed a strategic alliance with the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA)
- Created a team of seasoned domestic and international sales representatives
- Displayed the MV-1 at a variety of tradeshows across the country
- Donated an MV-1 as part of NMEDA's National Mobility Awareness Month coming up in May
- Surpassed a milestone of signing more than 55 MV-1 dealers across the country
The MV-1 is the first factory-built mobility vehicle designed from the ground up to provide accessible transportation to individuals with mobility challenges, commercial fleets, institutions, and municipalities.
It meets all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) direct from the factory with no modifications. Additionally, the MV-1 is more durable and cost effective to own and operate than a traditional retrofitted van or bus. It is dedicated to transporting all passengers; with or without mobility challenges, making it the perfect solution for both consumer and commercial fleet services.