ATD Announces Nominees for Truck Dealer of the Year
Nov 15, 2012 2:07 PM
Six commercial truck dealers were nominated for the 2013 Truck Dealer of the Year, a national award presented by the American Truck Dealers (ATD) and Heavy Duty Trucking magazine.
The nominees are:
- Steve Bacalis, president and CEO of Tom Nehl Truck Co., in Jacksonville, Fla.;
- Sheila M. Horwith, CEO of Horwith Trucks Inc., in Northampton, Pa.;
- Andrew G. Linn, Jr., president of Southland International Trucks, Inc., in Homewood, Ala.;
- Scott E. Oliphant, president of Kenworth of South Louisiana, LLC, in Gray, La.;
- Todd Schaub, dealer principal of S & S Volvo, in Lima, Ohio; and
- Brad Wilson, president of Sioux City Truck Sales, Inc., in Sioux City, Iowa.
The winner and runner-up will be announced Saturday, Feb. 9, at the 50th annual ATD Convention and Expo, which once again runs concurrently with the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) Convention and Expo, in Orlando, Fla., from Feb. 8-11.
Nominees for the annual award were selected by their peers and will be evaluated on dealership performance, civic contributions and industry leadership. The winner and runner-up will be chosen by a panel of professors from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business.
Commercial truck dealers from across the country will convene at the ATD convention, held at the Orange County Convention Center. Keynote speakers include Troy A. Clarke, president and chief operating officer for Navistar, Inc.; Bob Costello, chief economist for the American Trucking Associations; Dennis Snow, a former Walt Disney World executive trainer; and ATD Chairman Richard Witcher.
Truck dealers will meet face-to-face with their manufacturer executives at 12 franchise meetings and with exhibitors on the expo floor. Dealers and their managers can also attend workshops to learn and implement ways to improve their business operations. ATD attendees can attend any of the NADA workshops and speaker sessions.
For more information or to register, visit www.atdconventionandexpo.org.
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus