American Trucking Associations (ATA) and state trucking associations participating in ATA Business Solutions are now the exclusive providers of ATA's Vehicle Maintenance Reporting Standards (VMRS) 2000 products.
Developed by the ATA’s Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC), the leading voice on industry best practices, VMRS is the universal language of maintenance reporting—the vital link between the shop floor and management. It creates a single process to:
- Document when, why, and how maintenance is performed on equipment;
- Improve equipment and parts inventory control;
- Identify system, component and labor expenditures;
- Help control costs and create greater efficiency among various shop locations;
- Manage a wide variety of equipment, including trucks of all types, cars, buses, vans, construction equipment, and more.
“VMRS helps fleets simplify, clarify and unify maintenance and operations reporting,” said Carl Kirk, ATA Vice President of Maintenance, Information Technology & Logistics. “It’s not a software program, but rather a universal coding convention that can be downloaded and utilized with current software at a single location or company-wide across multiple sites.”
ATA’s VMRS is continually updated as new technologies and components are introduced, and is available for use in either paper or electronic format.
It provides a logical, easy-to-use language that ties together all the maintenance and operation information your fleet needs:
- Equipment Classification Codes—Precise codes used to describe and classify many types of equipment.
- Labor Codes—Easy-to-use codes to describe numerous labor tasks. ATA’s VMRS uses concise descriptions to define labor and warranty operations.
- Part Description Codes—ATA’s VMRS contains more than 24,000 universal descriptor codes to identify individual parts found on a piece of equipment. These codes do not replace the manufacturer’s part number, but rather provide your fleet one standard, industry-recognized item number to describe the same part regardless of the manufacturer.
- Manufacturer/Supplier/Brand Codes—More than 3,000 listings used to easily identify manufacturers, suppliers and brands.
VMRS products can be purchased or by calling 1-866-821-3468.